Friday, January 21, 2022

Finally, on a Mac

I have finally started using MacOS, and it surely seems impressive. If I had not been using Linux for a while, I would have been in awe of this, but those familiar with any polished version of Linux, like Zorin or LinuxMint, may not be mind-blown like usual Apple fanboys. Frankly, this OS seems like another well-made Linux version. They say Unix and Linux are completely different, but I have my doubts. Of course, I am not a tech nerd; rather, I have very rudimentary, or at best advanced consumer-level knowledge about technology. Both systems, in functionality and even appearance, feel very similar. Or it could be just that Linux copied MacOS, and may have influenced it back. I am not sure if compared to Windows, MacOS is way superior, but I am getting used to it. For certain, all those talks about MacOS being more intuitive, etc. are carefully woven marketing gimmicks. Windows is as polished as MacOS, and some more. I could, of course, be biased as a long-term Windows user who is used to the shortcuts there. It will take some time for the muscles to memorize MacOS commands. Once acclimatized, I hope Mac could be my go-to OS. Again, this is because of the Linux-like features with proper support and acceptability, both in terms of availability of applications and even socially! I don’t mind getting stuck in a walled garden if it is for my safety. I mean, come on, if I am not sure how to navigate the world on my own, I would want to stay under the watch of the police. These concerns of a big brother watching seem overblown to me.

No comments:

Of Cricket and Other Sports

I have started playing cricket after some thirty years. I can't claim to be the best bloke around in cricket, far from it, but I am one ...