Sunday, August 30, 2020

not what it seems

 

Charming faces, full of life, or wisdom … all gone, god knows where

Never to return, that is for sure, or never to return in the form

God knows where they disappeared…

 

one day, or the same day everyday, he’d sit with his back to the sun

A paper in his hand, combing worthy something to read

Mostly miracles

 

Life is not what it seems, he’d say, and death is not what you fear

he knew things like that, the old man …

and so he searched for reality, mostly miracles

 

beauty, be mine, i prayed once

but the besty had her heart

gone in labour, the chid survived

the air turning lavender, she’s somewhere here

 

those sparkling eyes of little kids

They reflect my death

i smell their hair, they smell of me

I live underneath,

 

I am not what they see, I am what they’d feel one day

Life is not what it seem, and death is not what I fear

No comments:

Of Cricket and Other Sports

I have started playing cricket after some thirty years. I can't claim to be the best bloke around in cricket, far from it, but I am one ...