Friday, December 08, 2006

profile photo

the photo in profile is one of my favourites clicked by me when i was working in Shillong, Meghalaya. a dreamland to be sure.

mothers there carry their children in this manner. doctors argue that this way is bad for the child as he may develop neck-stiffness when he grows up. but no instance as such has been found so far.

meghalaya is a matrilineal society where mothers had to take care of their children as well as manage for the livelihood of the family, generally. men are...well, anybody's guess. an ideal society for me.

clicked with pentax 50 mm lens, app: 11, shutter speed: 125

click to enlarge.

4 comments:

Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M (tread softly upon) said...

I had clicked on that photo to check it out even before you mentioned it :) Very nice shot.

Unknown said...

thank you m.
you didn't come to my blog for long. thought you might be angry.

M (tread softly upon) said...

I've been here :) You just didn't hear my footsteps.

Of Cricket and Other Sports

I have started playing cricket after some thirty years. I can't claim to be the best bloke around in cricket, far from it, but I am one ...