Skip to main content

ENOUGH

I am pissed off! Don’t play with my emotions darling; I can be a dangerous man. I was amiable, meek and sometimes allowed you to bully and cajole me. But, you should always remember you did whatever I allowed you to do…for my own entertainment. As a matter of fact, you neither had the intelligence or the cunningness to cheat me. I could see through whatever you were up to. Even a baby can. You have a fish brain.

And also, I always forgave you because I was soft on you. I had a strange kind of pity towards you. Just as a father has towards his kids! I knew you were foolish. And I was trying to defend you from this harsh world. I knew you were vulnerable. But you were sure of yourself. I couldn’t afford to leave you. It was a responsibility. A thankless one.

But that’s it. With your fish brain, if you think you can fool and cheat repeatedly and bully me to do things that I DON’T like, or DON’T want to do…then you are grossly mistaken.

I have tolerated enough of your crazy ideas. Tried to adjust, tried to mould myself…to attune to your cheap gimmicks. But in the secret corner of my heart I always repented for what I did to others. Couldn’t stare directly to the people whom I mistreated. The nasty wounds still didn’t heal. It hurts badly when suddenly I remember how ungrateful I was to my well-wishers and how roughly I handled them. I am almost robbed of my sleep remembering those incidents. ONLY BECAUSE OF YOU. Only to save our painful relationship!

Always a free bird and morally clean, you forced me to trudge in dirt. Tried to show me the world with your dirty eyes. ENOUGH. Nothing will do to ingratiate you to me again. After all these years, I confess, I never loved you. But I feared a break. Now I am afraid of any relationship. I have started to see girls as the agents of hell. Thanks to you, against my wish, I have turned into a misogynist. I HATE GIRLS.

Please don’t call me again. Don’t shed those crocodile tears. I know where from it is coming. Our relationship has ended five years now. You lost your chance. Don’t ever…ever try to reach me. You got what you always wanted. Now you are repenting.

I got what I never wanted. And I am rejoicing.

Comments

Yves said…
That's right, tell her! Keep free and morally clean.

Your sentiments echo those of Bob Dylan in Don't Think Twice, It's All Right except that in his song, he's not as bitter and certainly does not go as far as to be a misogynist.
kaushik said…
I envy you. Its a very interesting phase of your life. I have passed this age.

When you look back at these incidents 10 years down line they will seem as insignificant as you and me are in this vast galaxy.

So look up to the stars like we discussed and savour this brief spell on earth.
Shuv said…
waiting for a 'all-men-are-bastards' comment..
20 box said…
no, nope, i am not going to comment that...

'all-men-are-bastards'

better translation could be...

"all-humans-are-bastards'
Ghetufool said…
yves,
i read the poem. it's really nice. thanks for the link.

kaushik,
yes, you are right. we and our problems are really insignificant.

shuv,
i don't see that comment coming.

20 box,
i absolutely agree with you. why spare women and the third sex :-D
Scout said…
hmmm. we're all fucked up i guess.
Anonymous said…
you have played around with women's emotions for too long. it might be a game for you. but always remember sometime or the other you will get it back.
Ghetufool said…
scout,
who are we?

anon,
how i like fools like you.
Shuv said…
as the great rajnikant used to say..i lou this.

Popular posts from this blog

Kaun banega karorpati...dwitiya

--Namaste, satsriakaal, aadab, mein amitabh bacchan aapke samne, leke hajir hua hu, phir ek bar, kaun banega karorpati dwitiya.
(audiences in dark start clapping along with a music as if crusader king Richard of England just captured the castle of a jehadi king)
Aaj, mere samne beithe hai Jarshad kakiara…kakku…cuckoo…
(a club-shaped man intervenes, with a child-like smile, “Kakkrakandy”)
Ji haa, kakkara (“kandy”, the man again intervenes with a shy smile)
-Yes, Jarshad kakk…, whatever, aiye aap aur hum khele yeh adbhut game, jiska naam hei …(looks at the club-shaped man)
Jarshad Kakkrakandy, answers “kauun banayega karrorrpatti”

Amitabh shows Jarshad the seat, adjusts the seat for him. Jarshad sits, the chair shrieks.

--aur abhi mere samne baithe hain Jarshad n. k., from Chennai, who is a journalist with reuters, loves reading dilbert, unka favourite movie hai “chandramukhi”. And he is the self-proclaimed ‘king of PJ’.

--Haan to Jarshad saab, aapne likhe hein ke apke naam hei Jarshad n.k. now …

On Mithi

I became a father on 18 November, 2014. At that moment when fatherhood embraced me, perhaps I should have been elated, jumping up and down and doing all sort of activities that new fathers do, at least, that's what most sane people do. But nothing of that sort happened to me. When I heard my baby's voice, first like an angry cat and then a mild wail wafting across the operation theatre to the waiting area where we all were pacing up and down, the first thought that hit me was how was my wife? It was a C-section and she was partially unconscious. I should not have read Internet too much, for I was reading all sorts of horror stories, of mothers not waking up or recovering etc. I was petrified as I was not hearing my wife's voice. The doctors and sisters inside the operation theater must have been very busy with their other procedures. In fact, after bringing out the baby from the womb, they were busy closing the cut, I later got to know.
The realisation of becoming a fathe…

Let it rain hard

About a dozen years back, I started writing blog posts out of sheer boredom in office. The work was repetitive and the bosses were menacing. Not the fault of bosses as much as the systems put in place. It was a real-time world and you perish in seconds or become a hero. No, I was not a stock market trader, but close. I was perhaps in deep agony. I had left my family members, my root, my friends and my culture. Those years were the most important in my life, the early twenties. I was free for the first time. Free to do whatever I wanted to do. It was a lot of pent-up sexual energy really looking for an avenue to be released. I found my moksha in creativity, especially as my office colleagues started appreciating my writing, albeit with no hint of grammar in it. Slowly strangers came to my blog and I visited theirs and we became friends. And then I started connecting with people far away from my place, across oceans. With one I became friends for life – Ian Vincent Mulder. But that’s ano…